The Corona crisis still has the world firmly in its grip. An end is not yet in sight. But life must go on. What does the corona crisis mean for Safer Use? How can you protect yourself from infection?
Corona Crisis – How to behave correctly
The basic rules for safety during the Corona pandemic also apply to consumers. Covid-19 is an airborne virus.
Follow this rules to stay safe during the pandemic:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after staying in a public place or after blowing, coughing, or sneezing. This is especially true at parties and other gatherings with friends.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand disinfectant containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with sick people. Some people without symptoms may spread the virus.
- Practice social distancing by keeping at least 1.5 meters away from other people when you are in public.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth when you are near others and when you have to go out in public, e.g. in a grocery store. Fabric face protection is designed to protect other people if you become infected.
What does this mean for safer use during the Corona crisis?
Specific rules for safer use can be derived from the above rules. We explain the most important rules that you should follow.
This is how Safer Use works during the Corona crisis
- Abstention: Wherever possible, you should refrain from consumption during the Corona crisis. Parties are not taking place again at the moment anyway, and the risk of infection increases with every contact with other people. Consumption can also affect the immune system.
- Use your own tube and clean it regularly. Safer Use also means outside of pandemics: never share the pulling set with other people! During the corona crisis, you should also clean your pull set with disinfectant after each use to get rid of aerosols.
- No banknotes: This rule also applies to low-risk consumption, but is even more important during the corona crisis. Never use a banknote to draw. Besides all kinds of bacteria, banknotes can also transmit viruses, especially if the nasal mucous membrane is damaged.
- Clean the surface before consumption: Before using a pulling pad, clean it as thoroughly as possible with disinfectant to remove any viruses.